Archive for July 2009
From the massive volume of daily news the most interesting items are those that are actively discussed by people you follow: your friends, respected/famous persons and celebrities you admire. This is the most effective filter. We have built The Twitter Times – a newspaper constructed for you in real time based on the news discussed in your Twitter community (i.e. people you follow on Twitter and their followees). The Twitter Times provides you with a new effective way to comprehend news on a daily, or even hourly, basis.
Here are the main features of The Twitter Times:
- Real-time – based on your real-time Twitter stream.
- Personalized – we identify important news items posted by people in your Twitter community and rank those items with respect to their recency and popularity among your followees. It is essentially different from existing services such as tweetmeme.com и digg.com which are based on global popularity.
- Media-rich – we extract news content so that you can read the text of news, watch videos and photos in your newspaper, all in one place.
What is also interesting about The Twitter Times:
- The Twitter Times helps you extend your community and find like-minded people – for every news article we display who posted it not only from the 1st, but also from the 2nd circle of your friends (the people followed by your followees). Discover and follow more people you like.
- It helps you to become more engaged in your community – you can propogate news in your community by retweeting (green retweet button under every news article). Build up your authority in the community by posting more.
- You can read other user’s newspaper (e.g. famous people, for example, Esther Dyson – http://www.twittertim.es/edyson) and construct your own newspaper.